Piedmont Language School supports, advocates and creates opportunities for world language learning and cultural exposure for children in Piedmont schools, beyond our self-funding language programs. Please consider supporting the PLS community fund at online registration at https://piedmontstore.com/ossi/ to help provide grants to facilitate classroom enrichment and support language and culture in our community.
Here’s a sampling of some programs we have funded:
- Helped send PHS and PMS Teachers to ACTFL Annual Convention. PLS contributed $2000 to send PHS and PMS teachers to learn about emerging trends that impact the language profession, and research-informed practices.
- Donated to PUSD to send PHS/MHS and PMS Teachers to Berkeley World Language Project. Donated $2000 to offset the costs of sending all PUSD world language teachers to attend workshops to address Common Core Literacy Standards and the CA World Language Standards.
- Funded Purchase of supplemental textbooks for PHS Spanish. Purchased student books related to US-Latin American relations for PHS Spanish 4
- Provided scholarship to PHS student to join the PCC Mexico Mission Trip. Sponsored an essay contest and scholarship to underwrite costs and promote the role of language for work, service, and study.
- Created a lunch-time read aloud program at elementary schools. Gives kids exposure to familiar picture books read to them in other languages by fluent speakers.
With your help, PLS Community Fund hopes to support these activities in the future:
- Support tri-school teachers that promote global and cultural curriculum in the classroom.
- References and resource texts on world languages and literature as well as language learning for teachers, librarians, and students.
- Non-English language library acquisitions for K-12.
- If you’d like to get more involved with our organization, please contact us at [email protected]. We would welcome new board members and volunteers to help out with any of our events or programs.
All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. We are a non-profit 501(c)3 and our ID for tax purposes is #94-2435647.